I’ve had my Samsung S4 for 2 years now so I figured it was time for an upgrade.
I gave a fleeting thought to an iPhone but figured there’s really nothing that new about them that would drag me back to Apple.
I’ve been very happy with my Android so I decided to go with a Samsung S6.
It’s very similar to the S4 and the S5 that Betty got about a month ago with a few extra perks.
1) It has an honest to goodness fingerprint reader.
2) It has built in induction charging.
3) It’s made out of metal and glass instead of plastic.
4) It has a REALLY high resolution screen, much more than the iPhone 6.
5) It’s got a REALLY good camera that takes low light photos very well and will take 4K video (although I don’t know what to watch it on other than the phone).
6) It has an 8-core CPU vs the 2 core iPhone. (although the 2 core iPhone CPU is pretty good)
All of that plus I’m not shoehorned into the App Store and what Apple thinks I should use.
I’ve heard the new Samsungs are really locked down but I unrooted my S4 not long after I rooted it and never missed it. I have a friend at work who says he could never be happy with not being able to change ROMS. I guess if you live for doing that it’s understandable but if I want to geek out I have my computer.
I’ll play around with the new phone and report anything that’s super cool.